Friday 2 July 2010

I won't take gates from fields that don't belong to me. It's not my style.

Well hello kind Sirs and Madams,




I thought I would be stereotypically British with my greeting this time as it is my last chance to retain any "British-ness" before I fully adopt the American culture. Soon I'll start gaining weight sitting infront of the TV drinking cheap beer and shouting at poor quality sporting events. Hang on.....

Right, I'll be honest people. The rest of this post will be written completely from memory as I have written up to here in England, but am now in the US. Therefore, it will be a little bit short. Basically, myself and C went into town on Friday to do some last minute purchasing before embarking on our journey. We each spent a hefty amount buying clothes and a few other essentials. The walk back from Guildford town centre to my house nearly killed us, but I think it was worth it. We then spent the afternoon and evening watching Andy Murray, Netherlands vs. Brazil and then Uruguay vs. Ghana with K. A rather nice sports filled evening before the big day. We opted out of a Movie as the night before we tried to watch "Edge of Darkness". Possibly the worst film ever! K didn't last long before going to bed and I gave up not long after. C managed to sit through the full thing torturing himself for some reason.

Anyway, I shall leave it here as my memory has failed me in regards to anything else that has happened.

Goodbye England, I will see you again soon.

Garry

No comments:

Post a Comment